So you know all those times you’re just like “wow I really can’t decide whether I want a crunchy sandwich biscuit or a crispy chewy cookie”, yeah I know, happens to me all the time too. Well, I’ve solved all your problems with the ultimate cookie inside a cookie, it’s cookie-ception up in here. Make these now and thank me later (you are welcome). Try not to eat them all at once.
2tbsp ground flaxseed + 6tbsp water
230g plain flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
100g granulated sugar
100g light brown sugar
120ml vegetable oil
8 whole Oreos
80g broken Oreos
- Pre-heat your oven to 180℃.
- In a small container mix your ground flaxseed with the 6tbsp water and put to one side to thicken up.
- Weigh out all of your dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir together.
- Into your dry ingredients, add the oil, vanilla and flax-egg, stir together. Bring the cookie-dough together with your hands so all the ingredients are perfectly combined!
- Break off around a third of the dough and divide this into 8 small blobs. Place these doughy chunks on a lined baking tray – allowing lots of space – and squash them into circles so they’re big enough to fit an Oreo on top – proceed to pop your Oreos on top!
- Divide your remaining dough into another 8 pieces and squash these pieces over the top of your Oreos so they are completely encased.
- Take your broken Oreo pieces (I like to use classic and golden, ‘cos why the hell not) and stud the top of your cookie dough circles.
- Pop your cookie tray into your pre-heated oven. They should take around 8-10 minutes to cook. A few minutes before they’re fully cooked take them out of the oven and tap the tray on a work surface to flatten the cookies out and put them back in the oven. They’re ready when they’re golden and crisp around the edges.
- Be patient and leave your cookies on the tray to cool for at least 10 minutes after removing them from the oven! They should be a perfect combination of crisp, chewy and of course, stuffed with Oreos.
If you give these a try don’t forget to tag me so I can see! @obviously_vegan on Instagram and @obviouslyvegan on Twitter ☆