Pancake day is upon us! So I’ve got the simplest crêpe recipe you could wish for – these pancakes don’t require any fancy egg replacers or unheard-of ingredients and they taste identical to non-vegan crêpes, what are you waiting for?!
450ml dairy-free milk
200g plain flour
2tsp caster sugar
- Pop a large, non-stick frying pan on a low-medium heat and get it warmin’ up!
- Measure out your milk into a jug, then add the flour. WHISK.
- Add in your sugar and whisk a lil’ bit more.
- Once your batter is smooth and runny, add a small drizzle of oil to your pan and make sure it’s evenly coated.
- Pour a few tablespoons of batter into the centre of your pan, pick up your pan and tip it this way ‘n’ that way to spread your mixture evenly.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side until your crêpe is speckly and golden, and generally crêpe like.
- Repeat the process for the rest of your batter, stack up your pancakes on a plate and keep them covered with a clean tea-towel to keep them warm!
- And finally, enjoy! Pile those crêpes high with anything you fancy and get stuck in ✨
Let me know if you try this recipe! What are your favourite pancake toppings? 🍫 ✨