I am obsessed with these cookies. They were born on a pizza & movie night-in, out of a desperate hankering for chewy, chocolatey hunks of deliciousness (post-pizza). Checking the cupboards I figured I could throw something together from what was inside. And after a couple of tweaks to original throw-it-together recipe, voila, here we have that crispy-on-the-outside, chewy-in-the-middle, sweet and satisfying cookie-of-dreams.
2tbsp ground flaxseed + 6tbsp water
230g plain flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
100g caster sugar
75g light brown sugar
1tbsp golden syrup
110g vegetable oil
100g (dairy-free) chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat your oven to 180℃.
- In a small container mix your ground flaxseed with the 6tbsp water and put to one side to thicken up.
- Weigh out all of your dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir together.
- Into your dry ingredients, add the golden syrup, the oil, vanilla and flax-egg, stir together. Bring the cookie-dough together with your hands so all the ingredients are perfectly combined!
- Add in your chocolate chunks and knead together until evenly distributed.
- Roll up your cookie dough into about 9 even sized balls and place on a lined baking tray, squash them down a little to flatten them out.
- Pop your cookie tray into the oven and wait for the magic to happen! They should take around 8-10 minutes to cook, they are ready when they are golden all over, with crisp edges and a soft middle.
- Be patient and leave your cookies on the tray to cool for at least 10 minutes after removing them from the oven! Then get stuck in 👅 🍪
If you give this recipe a try, don’t forget to let me know what you think! ✨